Tag Archive for "public relations"
Companies are increasing their use of Twitter but it’s not always obvious what they should be doing on it.
It doesn’t help that different people have different opinions. I’m not interested in following companies to get deals or beg for favours, and I detest “retweet to win” contests that try to turn everyone into unpaid spammers.
Here’s five times that companies made a positive impression on me by interacting over Twitter:
- Welcomed Whittakers (@whittakersnz) to Twitter and asked when they were going to do Easter Eggs. Got told they were working on it.
- Orcon offered to help me resolve a problem with their service. (Not solvable by them, it needed Telecom to pull finger.)
- I complained about Netgear service and got a phone call (!) from their PR company in Australia. I declined their offer to help and sorted it out through the usual channels the next day.
- Responded to a question about where to get batteries by suggesting Dick Smith. Someone else responded and speculated that their house-brand batteries might not be as good. @DickSmithNZ responded with details of their current sale on batteries as well as a link to a report showing that their batteries were as good as the name-brand ones.
- I said I was switching from Vodafone to Telecom and received a “Welcome on board” from @TelecomNZ.
Each of these companies treated me as a person and, by doing so, made me feel better about dealing with them.
The winner is Dick Smith for their quick and useful response – but I admit I’m still hanging out for those easter eggs from Whittakers!