Currently I’m prepared to spend (all NZ dollars):
- about $5-15 for an ‘album’ worth of music. But only if it’s high-quality and unencumbered digital files. I don’t want your bits of plastic or your DRM.
- up to $25 on a physical book. But I use the library more.
- up to $10 on an electronic book, even if it’s encumbered and locked to my reading device. I’d consider paying more for an unencumbered one.
- up to about $40/year for access to a good website or online service (e.g. salon.com or fitday.com).
- up to $10 for an iPhone app, or up to $5 if it’s pretty trivial.
- $15 to see a movie or $17.50 if it’s in 3D. (Although I normally go on cheap Tuesday.)
- $10 to rent a movie on DVD or online.
- $1-2 for a downloaded TV episode.
Naturally it’s all subject to change. I used to pay $30 for a music CD!