Well, my blog has well and truly been taken over by Internet filtering. Things have been a bit quiet recently, so here’s an update:
- I’m still waiting for the Ombudsman’s report on whether I can have access to the list of filtered sites.
- I haven’t heard from Archives about the DIA deleting their records.
- I have been persuaded to spell Internet with a capital I even though I prefer to be a little more avant garde.
- I’m part of the Internet NZ working group developing policy on Internet filtering.
- I’m working on collecting more information (still no response from the Maori or Act parties, waiting to hear from ISPs, have more questions to send to the DIA and the Censor).
So, what’s next? I’m thinking a lot about how to continue the campaign against Internet filtering, while also considering some of the larger issues that this raises about protecting the civil liberties of Internet users. Email me if you’ve got any ideas or what to help.